- ISSN (e)
- P.O. Box
- 7, 707
- (970)(9)2345113/5/6/7-Ext. 2628
- Prof. Rowa Ramahi
An-Najah University Journal for Research - B (Humanities)
مجلة جامعة النجاح للأبحاث - ب (العلوم الإنسانية)
- The editor in chief of the journal is the Dean of Scientific Research at
- The editor in-chief is responsible for doing initial evaluation of the submitted manuscripts before the double-blind peer review process. The initial assessment is carried out based entirely on scientific value regardless of any other non-scientific factor.
- The final decision about a manuscript is made by the editorial board based on reports made by experts within the field of the submitted manuscript. The Editor-in-Chief has no authority to accept or reject a submitted manuscript without the approval of the editorial board.
- An-Najah National University Journal – Humanities B adopts double blind review process completely supervised and assessed by the editorial board. The editorial board is responsible for initial assessment and evaluation before the full review process. The initial assessment includes technical evaluation, quality assessment, and ethical consideration such as plagiarism. The technical assessment includes the presence of all sections including structured abstract, references based on APA style, funding statement, ethical statement, acknowledgment, and overall readability and language.
- All submitted manuscripts must have an English title, abstract, and keywords, in addition to the Arabic title, abstract, and keywords. Manuscripts that fail to pass through the initial editorial evaluation are immediately rejected and do not go through the full review process.
- Manuscripts that pass the initial editorial assessment are sent to double blind full review process. The editorial office has a list of all researchers and academics in the Arab world. The list was published by the United Arab University Association. The list includes the contact email address and the title of the researcher and his field of specialization. The editor in chief selects two referees based on the recommendation of the editorial board.
- The reviewers are asked to fill in a form regarding their judgment and final decision. The form includes questions pertaining to originality, research questions, statistical analysis, tables and figures, literature review, and references. The referees are also asked to assess the potential of the manuscript to attract readers and scientific citations. The referees are given 30 days to submit their assessment. One week before the deadline, an email reminder is sent to the referee. In case the two referees had different decisions, a third referee is sought for a final decision. Once all reviews are submitted, the editorial board decide to accept or reject the manuscript. All accepted manuscripts are subject to either minor or major revisions. The authors must submit a revised version within 30 days. An extension of two weeks can be given upon the request of the author. The revised manuscript undergoes a peer review process by the same referees. Once the final satisfactory answers are received from the referees, the editor in chief contacts the author for a final decision. The first decision is usually reached within two months and a final decision is reached within three to four months. The whole review process is carried out on line and no paper or email correspondence of articles or comments is accepted.
- In case of author’s disagreement with the editorial or referees’ comments, the author is asked to provide a detailed scientific appeal which will be examined by the editorial board and the referees. In the whole process, no offensive sentences are accepted from any side in the review process.
All published issues and volumes of the journal are present at the journal website and at An-Najah National University Electronic Repository. Readers can access the full text of any article directly from the journal website or the repository.
An-Najah Journal operates on an open access mode. You can
access any article any time.